Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Luncheon

I just went to a luncheon with the girls. Sounds very old lady-like doesn't it? "Yes darhling, we're to take our tea in the parhlor after the luncheon."
Well, it was a lot of fun. These women are my (fairly new found) family, complete with sisters and mother hen. I'm really enjoying getting to know them. I sometimes find it almost painful to 'get to know' someone. I feel like people judge me, so I literally 'act' like someone I think they will like until I'm comfortable or they show a side of their personality I can't deal with, then I don't care so much. That is except in rare cases where I feel comfortable right off the bat. For the first time I felt that way around ALL of these women. It was such a relief. I really felt 'part of'. I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by them. Not because I think they're better then me, but because I admire them.
All of these women have such beautiful personalities, I wonder where I fit. They are very rounded but have at least one trait that stands above and proudly announces itself to the world. I wouldn't say it defines them but it does give you a peek into the inner workings! These women that I admire are... The strong, poised, and insightful mother hen, the passionate live-wire, the gentle expressive protector, the whimsical brat (meant in the fun brat way) and the quiet modern day advocate. They say you are defined by who you associate with, well if that's true I'm a strong, passionate, whimsically wonderful chic who is so fucking cool I can't stand myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Aww, hey wiat...am I the whimsical brat. :(

That was a really touching post. I could envision you sitting at the table, where you CLEARLY fit in perfectly. You're the young at heart, blossoming ray of sunshine.

6:19 AM  
Blogger elanflux said...

oww, thanks! I didn't realize I didn't give myself a 'tag name' !!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger elanflux said...

And, no your 'the passionate live-wire'...who else fits that discription? I mean really.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home