Sunday, June 12, 2005

I've got to learn to cook

I decided on Chinese food tonight. I'm not a big fan lately, but I wanted fast. I was determined to try something new though. I stood there looking at the scrumptious photos of favorites plastered on the wall of a surprisingly bright restaurant and I realized there is nothing new. It's the same safe American/Chinese food that is served in all establishments of it's kind. Yea, the taste may vary but, no new choices. Just like hamburgers, Burger King is just McDonald's, only flame broiled. Growing up some of my best friends were of Asian descent, their parents delighted my taste buds with wonderful authentic dishes. The same goes for Italian. My Grandpa was born in Sicily. I can remember him spending all day preparing a feast of genuine home made spaghetti. After adding pork, chicken and hard boiled eggs (Yes sir!) to his sauce he would let it simmer all day. Here's the best part...wait for it...a few minutes before serving he would crack a couple of eggs into the hot sauce to poach. And I'm here to tell ya it was DAMN GOOD! Don't knock it till you try it!! You won't find that at Fazoli's! Who am I to complain though, I got what I wanted ..It was fast. That's the price you pay!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home