Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Just a thought

In the mail today I received a magazine sealed in plastic. I placed it on the table as I set about my 'just got home' duties. I have to admit I was a little excited. See, I love catalogues! I love to flip through them, make fun of the clothes and imagine myself in some of the more trendy ones, toss around decor ideas etc... Well you can imagine my disappointment when I snagged that baby up and tore into it only to reveal a 'Master Hunting Catalog'. Now did I mention how big this thing is? Almost Sears caliper. This thing is serious. So ,out of pure curiosity I opened it, fully prepared to be disgusted by the so called hunting tactics of today's MANLY MAN. I use the word hunting so loosely it can barely stick to this blog. I mean really , if I want to HUNT I'm not going to rub myself with pee, dress like a tree and SIT in a treehouse till my prey 'just happens by'..But I'm not a MAN so what do I know. Anyway, back on track..They have some of the most awful contraptions in this book! For example did you know you can gut a deer right in the back of your pick up truck? Yap, got a machine that'll hoist the sucker up by it's puny little legs. Or a thing called a blind, it looks like a bomb shelter exposed and on stilts! They have 'leaf outfits' and the totally different 'tree outfit'. .... Some actually have fake leaves hanging off, so you REALLY look like a bush. Anyway, just thought I'd share. Oh they did have one thing that convinced me you can truly LIVE out doors in luxury...It's called the 'Pup'...A portable utility pop-up tent and along with the 'Pett' ....A portable toilet , you have a room to poop in! You don't have to wipe with leaves (or you could) or if your tired, fear falling on the ground naked!! Good Times!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home